The final step of the set-up process is to make sure that the library team is familiar with OpenAthens and all users know about the new system.
The final stages of the set-up process are:
- For OpenAthens’ technical team to hand over responsibility for the new system across to the library team.
- For the library team to ensure that all their users know about the new system for accessing resources and where they can go if they need further help or information
OpenAthens handover to your library team
The OpenAthens onboarding team will help you comprehensively test and troubleshoot the system to smooth out any issues and ensure it is working perfectly before they pass across the responsibility.
During the handover, we will host training sessions with your relevant staff to ensure everyone who needs to, fully understands how to use the system and can advise users on getting the most out of it.
The OpenAthens team and our partners will continue to provide ongoing technical support and advice whenever you need it. You will be alerted to any updates or changes to the system and the necessary explanation or training provided.
Technical support for the operation of the service is available from our service desk via your support portal.
Please sign in with your administrator credentials at https://support.openathens.net/login.jsp.
- To check the service status, visit http://status.openathens.net/.
- To resolve problems related to your administrator credentials, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the issue is urgent, please contact your OpenAthens representatives directly.
Ensuring users know about the new library access and identity system
We recommend contacting all your users by email and providing them with briefing notes on essential information they need to know to make the change to OpenAthens as seamless and straightforward as possible.
Make sure you clearly communicate the many benefits that OpenAthens’ single sign-on solution will bring them to generate some enthusiasm for the change. This can be done using emails, peer to peer reviews, key messages on social media, presentations, drop-in sessions and more.
Don’t forget to let us know how the set-up process has been for you and any suggestions you have to improve the process. Send us feedback at email@example.com
Have a question?
Get in touch with your implementation team
If you have a question about onboarding, please get in touch with your onboarding lead. If you are not sure who that is, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org