This is a chance for OpenAthens to meet your team and understand exactly what type of set up will best suit your needs.
OpenAthens will then talk your team through each step of the process so you can ensure you are fully prepared for the setup and know what to expect.
The best type of set up will be dependent on a wide range of factors such as the nature of your organization or institution, your current library set up and other applications you use, the content, the types of end users and their demands and needs and much more.
During the meeting we will discuss:
- The institution’s needs and expectations
- The end users’ needs and expectations
- Questions and concerns about the move across to OpenAthens’ system
- Who will be responsible for what during the setup and ongoing management of the system
- Each stage of the process, what preparation is needed and how long it will take.
The meeting will take about an hour and should be attended by anyone within your organization who will be playing a key role in the onboarding process and in managing the system once it is in place.
Make sure to invite:
- Onboarding project lead
- Head of library services, library dean or director
- E-resources manager
- Library technical support, library systems or library IT
- Institutional IT manager - the person in your organization responsible for identity management.
For anyone in your team who is not familiar with OpenAthens, we will talk through the basics of what we do, the benefits of federated access and how it works.
The meeting should equip your team with the information and tools they need to:
- Prepare for the move to OpenAthens’ system.
- Start promoting the benefits of federated access to regular library users ahead of the OpenAthens setup.
Be prepared to discuss:
- Your current authentication systems and workflows
- Unique library sites or branches and their different authentication needs
- User groups and guest users (alumni, visitors, etc.) management
- Data elements for which you would like to collect access statistics (department, major, etc.)
- Integration with your local library management and discovery systems
- Aggregating and submitting a comprehensive list of all e-resources
- Other apps and tools with connections to library resources - learning management systems, reading lists, etc.
Have a question?
Get in touch with your implementation team
If you have a question about onboarding, please get in touch with your onboarding lead. If you are not sure who that is, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org